Saturday, June 15, 2013

Later Gators!

THE DAY HAS COME! T-minus 1 hour 'til I head out to the airport! For all of you reading this blog or planning on keeping up with it during the summer, here is my disclaimer -- there is no guarantee of funny, witty, clever, or even moderately entertaining posts. But I can guarantee a lot of info about what I see, hear, taste, smell (eh?), do, and all of the amazing people I am sure to meet. 

The bags are packed. One carry-on, one checked backpack. Simultaneously amazing how much you can fit into two bags and how little you can get away with when traveling. Am I nervous? A little. Excited? Duh. I don't think I'll really be able to process most of it until I land in Kilimanjaro. Until then -- I'll focus on making my flight connections. Later days everyone!

p.s. Found a small garden snake in my kitchen today. This resulted in a minor freak out before trapping the snake under a bowl. Totally Tanzania ready.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I am confident you will do well and stay safe. Even so, I shall keep you in my prayers. Enjoy yourself in Tanzania!

    ReplyDelete